Thursday, November 21, 2013

tarun tejpal, local hero of the congress, with his hand up a young woman's dress

http://www.indiafacts.co.in/tarun-tejpals-blitz-of-sleaze-sputters/

there is an unverified email doing the rounds. i am not sure if it is for real or a fake, so i will only post a paragraph. she said she's a close friend of tejpal's daughter tiya.

However, on 16.11.2013, MrTejpal messaged me a number of times

1.      "Have you spoken to Tee? Is she Ok?"

 

To which I replied: "Why would she be ok about the fact that you sexually assaulted her best friend, that is me?"

2.    "What's with saying this awful stuff??"

 

To which I replied: Do not send me any messages. You are lying and you know that.

 

 

3.    "Oh is that so? I cherished you like one of my best kids always, all these years; and because of one drunken banter you so easily say these awful things.

 

To which I replied : It was twice Tarun, not once and it was no banter. You did the most horrible things to me and I certainly was not drunk. I asked you to stop repeatedly.

 

 

4.    "Oh so that's what you told Tee. No wonder she's so madly upset. Its ok. Am not going to contest anything with her. Will let time and my love heal what it can."

5.     "Don't think I've been more saddened in the longest time"


I have no doubt that MrTejpal was trying to establish his innocence in a devious manner. If he needed to get in touch with his daughter, he could have done so anytime he desired, through his wife or daughter or nephew or anyone from his family without messaging me about her, or falsely claiming that all that happened was 'a drunken banter'. This was no banter, it was most clearly sexual assault. As a reporter for Tehelka who writes on violence against women, I suddenly find myself in the horrific situation of discovering what it is like to be on the receiving end of this violence from a powerful man I once deeply admired and respected. I truly hope that the idea of Tehelka is still intact – and that you will conduct an inquiry into this matter at the earliest.

 


--
sent from samsung galaxy note, so please excuse brevity

1 comment:

Uddharet said...

banter: the playful and friendly exchange of teasing remarks.” IOW, "banter" is verbal, but what Tejpal did was physical. Further, I don't think it was even "drunken" in the ordinary sense. One wonders whether some intoxicant or hard drug much stronger than alcohol — relatively easy to procure in Goa — was involved.