Tuesday, May 15, 2012

on cartoon whipping - or whipping cartoons

to clarify - I am all for free speech and do not support violence on folks whose views you dont like. but i am rather enjoying the congress and 'secular' serpents being given a dose of indian demcracy and free speech. it is instructive to hear all the braying about 'right to freedom' and 'increasing intolerance' now that the annointed are under fire. i wonder what happened when m m joshi started his (admittedly clumsy) campaign on indian history text-books. there was no free expression then. or when arun shourie was physically assaulted for his book on ambedkar. not that i agreed with what shourie wrote- specifcally with shourie's uncalled for hero worship of mk gandhi and his chums.... and i would any day take an ambedkar over jawaharlal but still - the 'secular' slogan is "show me face, and I will show you the rule" . .. ... my delight at that y yadav squirming knows no bounds. so much for creating 'hybrid indices' to jusify caste reservations. it is nice when your own monster of caste-identity politics monster bites you in the bum ... or is it whips you on the behind?

1 comment:

Fantasy said...

i like that slogan"show me face, and I will show you the rule" and please spare some time in visiting my sitecartoon