Thursday, June 25, 2009

request: About ASHA for education

jun 24th, 2009

so s, this fellow only believes maoist/stalinist blogs. well, he has been nicely brainwashed.

do you guys among the reader population want to provide some additional links re the lovely sandeep pandey (of magsaysay fame) and 'asha for dissolution of india'?

there are some good details at http://www.aidindia.info/ also about sandeep's antics.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: S
Date: Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 8:13 PM
Subject: About ASHA for education
To: rajeev.srinivasan@gmail.com


Hi Rajeev,

I study at Columbia University. Sometimes I have seen emails from students canvassing for ASHA for education and asking for donations. I largely ignored them until one of my friends got influenced by them. He is a nice chap from IIT Madras who has started asking people to donate to ASHA. I pointed him to some links on Sandeep Pandey and the article by Radha Rajan exposing the accounting practices of ASHA.
I used your blog for this purpose. Thanks a lot.

However, the guy says that he will not believe "RSS/Hindutva fascist blogs". Do you have any sources of information on ASHA that you have used and would be useful for me? I did google around, just wondering if you have any pointers....

Thanks!


S

1 comment:

Bhavananda said...

Hi Rajeev,
Looking for frauds by ASHA, AID in the sekoolar blogs/websites, is really like expecting Buddha Babu to disband his militia (police). They have a hand-in-glove relationship. So, I would not expect ELM criticizing ASHA for funding communism/naxalism. However from personal experience, I can tell that there are "some" ASHA orgs that are genuinely doing good work. But, you just don't know for sure.
To be safe, I'd put money in IDRF or Sewa or some Sangh affiliates.