Thursday, March 13, 2008

Sangh IT Milans & their relevance to today's youth

mar 13th, 2008

i got this in the mail; i have no further information about this.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Sanjeev


Sangh IT Milans & their relevance to today's youth
 

Namaste,

The objective of this post is to describe my experiences as a IT Milan Swayamsewak and hope those who haven't had this experience yet might be encouraged to do so.

During many of the discussions we have been having on multiple fora, a frequent grievance we have been have been having is that in today's globalised world where young people have lesser & lesser time, the concept of shakha as tool for national resurgence & youth empowerment is obsolete. I very well empathise with the young people when they see all the injustice & gross suffering of the people and yet are not able to play an active organised role in national resurgance.

To offset this, the RSS has come up with a concept called IT Milans, which is increasingly giving voice to the burgeoning ranks of modern youth to walk hand in hand, to fight against the adversaries that our beloved Bharat Mata faces.

Personally to me, Milans have meant more to me than can be put in any amount of words. IT Milans opened me to a world of like minded patriots who shared the same concern for the nation's well-being & passion for making change possible. I was always a Hindu sympathizer and felt pain when injustice was being done to Indians. Yet I felt worse when I realized that more more than this useless sympathizing, I was not doing anything to improve any of the things I was concerned about.

And that's when I came to know about the concept of IT Milans from Orkut and decided to visit a Milan; and that one visit changed everything, it introduced me to people with "nerves of steel, muscles of iron" and a spirit to make change possible. At Milans we have had boudhiks that have not just been waste of time but have resulted in tangible action. I have made friends or brothers whom have become an integral part of my life. Together we did many sewa projects; organized classes for poor children, distributed aid to the needy & much more. My life got a new meaning after I started attending Milans. IT Milans has made me into a Karmayogi.

Tht's lot on how Milans work, but as I said these are not enough to explain how effective the concept of Milan is.
But I feel the proof of the pudding is in its eating, I suggest each one of you to attend a Milan in your neighboring locality & see for yourself how effective they are.

I hope to find more time to write on milans & youth in near future. To those of you already attending the milans, pls mail me at sangh.milan AT gmail. Your experiences & words will be the nectar for the Milans to surge forward. And to those who haven't yet attended a milan, the voice of the Mother beckons them. We can no longer play dhritarashtras to the attrocities against our beloved mother... for every Mahamud that India faces today there is a Jaichand amongt us and I hold every youth guilty of complicity of Jaichand's crime who hasn't done enough to thwart the designs of 21st century Mahamuds.

.. the panchajanya is blowing... wake up...take up your cudgels.. come join hands for we can make our dreams of Akhand Bharat come true.... let's strive to make the IT Milans a grand success.

Bharat Mata Ki Jai..

Harikrishnan

P.S: For more information on how to join IT Milans u can mail me at sangh.milan AT gmail DOT com

IT milans are for all kinds of proffesionals (not just people in IT... it has been a grand success in cities like Bangalore, Pune, Hyderabad etc.


1 comment:

Harry Potter said...

Thanks for spreading the message.
-Harikrishnan.J