- Dynasty is popular again, if you believe the bots: A close analysis of this tweet showed that these 'bots' with a Russian, Kazakh or Indonesian characteristic were routinely re-tweeting the Congress VP's tweets.
- When did we become so dependent on China? The Chennai-Bangalore-Mysore high-speed-rail corridor lies in limbo because the Chinese railways has failed to respond to the ministry's communiques.. Blacklist the Hans!
- Greening of South Rajasthan: A combination of a scientific approach and ancient traditional practices have brought about a green cover in hundreds of villages across the region.
- Game changer for India’s solar sector: Country’s first utility-scale solar plant with battery energy storage coming up in the Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
- Madhu Kishwar: Taking the Sabarimala temple to court for restricting the entry of women of a certain age group is akin to meat-eaters suing vegetarian restaurants for discriminating against non-vegetarians by refusing to serve meat. Common sense response would be to say: “Go find a non-veg restaurant, of which there are plenty.”
- American Chefs Discover Mustard Oil: A study in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition in 2004 found that Indians who ate mustard oil had lower incidences of heart disease, possibly because of its alpha-linolenic acid, an omega-3 fatty acid that is found in plants. Pure mustard oil sold in the United States must bear a warning: “For external use only.” after the Food and Drug Administration banned its sale as a foodstuff. “The potential hazards are based on animal studies, and to my knowledge we don’t have real evidence of harm to humans.”
- Meatless Burgers: When fake meat is better than the real thing
- Diwali night:
- Islam summed up in 1 pic
Diwali, the Hindu Festival of Lights, starts today. #HappyDiwali to everyone! #VITAmission pic.twitter.com/Uygnc8tTWx— Paolo Nespoli (@astro_paolo) October 19, 2017
Islam summed up in 1 pic pic.twitter.com/brl7KTk5oQ— Tommy Robinson 🇬🇧 (@TRobinsonNewEra) October 15, 2017